Get Peace of Mind with Builder’s Risk Insurance
Building a new home, office, or another building requires thorough planning. There are site plans to draw up, permits to obtain, sub-contractors to manage, and supplies to be delivered. The last thing you want is to have new windows or other supplies stolen from the job site. Not only does it cost money to replace them, but it can also cause a delay in construction and put a dent in your reputation.
Builder’s risk insurance offers you the peace of mind you need to confidently do your job. The Business Insurance Center has a team of brokers you can trust to help you navigate the risks you face, and offer the best solutions to keep you protected. Let us partner with you to ensure you are able to recover if a project goes awry from a covered event.
Why Buy Builder’s Risk Insurance
When you need extra protection for possible damages to a building you are constructing or renovating, this policy may be able to help. In general, this type of coverage can help insure against:
- Fire: When you have a variety of building materials including wood, your project is susceptible to fire which can ravage a site. Builder’s risk may be able to step in and get you back on schedule in the event of a fire.
- High Winds: Some parts of the construction season include inclement weather such as high winds. If materials, fixtures, or other equipment is damaged during high winds, you may receive compensation to help.
- Theft: Let’s face it. There are people out there who love to take advantage of the materials and equipment left on a construction site. When supplies are stolen, this type of policy may kick in to get you the payout you need to keep the project moving forward.
- Vandalism: Another risk of building sites include the enjoyment people take in vandalizing them. With the right coverage, you may be able to recover quickly from what the vandals left behind.
Builder’s Risk Insurance Does NOT Cover All Liabilities
This type of policy does not replace the standard day-to-day type insurance plans you need as a business owner. It is also not necessarily going to cover all risk exposures. Remember, you may want to speak with a broker to get coverage for the following:
- Wind in beach zones
- Accidents or injuries on the site
- General liability claims
Protection You Need from a Brokerage You Trust
Ensure that your job site has the best type of coverage. The brokers at Business Insurance Center have the knowledge and connections to provide you balanced protection at rates you can afford. We will sit down with you, discuss your needs, and devised an insurance package specifically for you. Since 1984, we have helped self-employed entrepreneurs and business owners with customized plans. Let us help you today.
Request a quote for builder’s risk insurance or call and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator.