Commercial Property Insurance: Peace of Mind for Your Business Locations
Businesses often obtain a general liability policy and think everything will be covered. While it is true that a general liability policy is an excellent start in protecting your enterprise, it should not be where you stop. Your company can benefit significantly with additional protection, which ensures you can recover if your building and contents are damaged or destroyed.
Restore operations quickly when you buy commercial property insurance. The sophisticated network of brokers at Business Insurance Center understands how important your business is for you and also for your employees and their families. We have extensive experience in a wide variety of different industries and can assist you in getting the protection needed within your budget.
Understand what Commercial Property Insurance Covers
Accidents and weather damage occur frequently. You may believe that this type of damage only happens to other people, but if you conduct business in ‘Tornado Alley’ or deep in ‘hurricane territory’, it is just a matter of time before a catastrophic event hits home. Commercial property coverage can step in and give you the protection you need. Here are some categories covered:
- Buildings: These can be buildings and structures you own, rent, or lease.
- Exterior Signs: Helps replace that new neon sign you put in before a drunk driver lost control and destroyed it.
- Fences and Landscaping: Steps in if your fence or the new landscaping is damaged, regardless of whether it’s from severe weather, vandalism, or a vehicle.
- Furniture: It helps replace damaged furniture including desks, chairs, tables, and more.
- Equipment and Computers: For many businesses, you depend on your office and factory equipment to get the job done. If any items are stolen or damaged, you can’t serve your customers or make money. This policy can get you back to work.
- Inventory: Imagine if a fire damaged all of your stock. Would you be able to recover? With property insurance, you may be covered for significant losses.
- Essential Documents: This can be your accounting, customer, or client records. These are very hard to replace, but with the correct coverage, it is possible.
How the Cost of a Commercial Property Policy Is Determined
Each company is unique and carries different risks. For example, a realtor may have different needs than a car wash. The cost depends on your business assets and the following factors:
- Location – Are you in an area with high crime rates or prone to severe storms?
- Construction – The better the quality of materials used to construct your premises, the better. This includes fireproof materials and updated electrical, plumbing, or HVAC systems.
- How it is used – Different business types carry different risks.
- Fire and Theft Protection – Fire alarms and sprinkler systems can aid in reducing your premiums.
Recoup Quickly with the Help of a Trusted Brokerage
No one wants to sustain damage from the weather, vandalism, or theft, but if it happens to you, it pays to work with a broker who understands the nuances of different industries. The experienced professionals at the Business Insurance Center will work with you to determine your need, assess your existing policies, and design a package that will leave you ready to weather a storm. Call us and experience our consistently high customer service and quick response times.
Request a quote or call and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker on our team. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you.