Nursing Home Insurance Keeps Your Business Healthy
As Baby Boomers age, nursing homes have become an even more critical part of the elder care system in the United States. Families entrust their aged loved ones to the care of efficiently run nursing facilities. They expect their mom or dad to be protected from elder care abuse, medical oversights, and even theft.
Unfortunately, accidents can happen, and employees can sometimes be dishonest. How do you protect the integrity of your facility? Nursing home insurance can help. At Business Insurance Center, our knowledgeable network of brokers understands the unique needs of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. We work with you to keep your organization protected in the event of a claim.
What to Expect from Nursing Home Insurance Coverage
When you seek out coverage for your facility, you can expect these types of policies:
- General Liability: protects damage to your property or others arising from day-to-day business operations.
- Worker’s Compensation: covers your employees if they become ill or injured while performing their duties.
- Commercial Property: assists in protecting your buildings, new additions, and business personal property.
- Professional Liability and Malpractice: helps in the event a lawsuit is filed against your employees or your organization.
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability: covers the organization and protects the assets of your directors and officers.
- Business Auto Insurance: ensures that employees and residents are protected while in a facility owned vehicle.
- Violation of Resident’s Rights: for those claims from residents or their families about rights being impeded.
- Crime and Fidelity: may cover those incidents of employee dishonesty, forgery, or theft.
Types of Policies Available to Nursing Homes
Just as each facility is different, policies can be written differently. Our brokers can help determine the right strategy for your organization. Possible coverage types include:
- Claims-made – This type of policy provides coverage for those claims made and reported during the time the coverage is in force. As long as continuous cover is maintained, the insurance company will be responsible for paying out a claim.
- Occurrence Basis – This policy protects against injuries or damages that occur during a specific policy period. It is not based on when the claim is made.
Serve Your Residents Well with Advice from a Trusted Insurance Brokerage
Keep your residents and their families happy while protecting your facility when you work with a trusted broker. There are a variety of risks to be ready for including the different regulations, how they work, and how that applies to your organization. Additionally, there are liabilities with the everyday interactions of your staff and residents. Our network of brokers and advisors can work with you to find the right combination of options to fit your needs. Rest assured, you will always experience fast response times and exceptional customer service from our team.
Request a quote for nursing home insurance or call and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator.