Nonprofit Insurance—Protect Your Organization Even as You Serve Your Community
Nonprofit organizations support charitable causes and provide much-needed services to their communities. Often, they are working with displaced persons, at-risk youth, abused children and women, abandoned pets, animals in the wild, or building homes for the unfortunate. This requires working with volunteers, independent contractors, and even medical professionals. All of this is done without the same resources and privileges that a for-profit company enjoys. With all their resources focused on a cause, it is easy to overlook other areas that can put them at risk for a claim.
Without an insurance package that fits your unique needs, your organization is vulnerable to threats of litigation. It is hard to obtain donations if your reputation is soiled because of a dishonest employee or a data breach. The dedicated brokers at the Business Insurance Center understand your needs and work towards getting you the best protection at reasonable rates. From general liability to customized policies, our goal is to ensure you have the right plans in place.
Protection for the Unexpected
To be able to serve your community, you need to ensure you have all your bases covered. As a nonprofit, you may find you have needs specific to your financial status. Consider these areas that you may need to shore up:
- Directors and Officers: Finding executive directors and board leaders may be hard if they are not protected from the claim of wrongful acts such as breach or negligence of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Liability: This is one area where an organization needs to make sure they are covered. Examples include claims arising from personal injury or even abuse and molestation. Sometimes, you may be required to show you have insurance to rent space or partner with another organization.
- Dishonest Employees: Working in the nonprofit sector does not insulate you from the random employee who steals from you.
- Automobiles: Some nonprofits own a vehicle or two; others depend on employees to use their own for work use. In either case, it is imperative to protect employees and damage to other automobiles with the proper coverage.
- Cyber Risk: When you house your donors’ private information, you have the added responsibility of keeping the data safe. Hackers and thieves are ready and eager to steal the sensitive information you have been entrusted with.
Bolster Your Organization’s Protection with the Help of a Trusted Brokerage
Avoid leaving your nonprofit vulnerable should something go wrong. Business Insurance Center has knowledgeable and experienced brokers ready to sit down and discuss your unique needs. They will then tailor an insurance package that meets your requirements at reasonable rates. We can even discuss additional required coverage such as Worker’s Compensation. Reach out to us today and experience the difference working with our helpful brokers makes.
Request a quote for nonprofit insurance or call (888)-585-0511 and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator. We serve the entire United States.