Restore the Environment and Your Reputation with Pollution Liability Insurance
One of the risks for some industries centers on pollution related matters. For instance, contractors often deal with exposure to hazardous waste from pulling down an old building with asbestos. Some manufacturers handle chemicals that can cause damage to the environment if not properly disposed of or stored. Then there are hidden factors such as leaking tanks from abandoned gas stations or government facilities.
Damages can occur suddenly, such as from an oil tanker spill, or slowly over time from neglect. Also, environmental laws are continually changing, and businesses need to keep up. Pollution liability insurance can keep your company protected when general liability runs out. At the Business Insurance Center, our network of professional brokers understands the importance of keeping your company protected and getting the environment cleaned up. We work with you to get the best coverage for your needs that fit within your budget.
Understand Why You Need Pollution Liability Coverage
Over 30 years ago, your general liability policy would cover environmental claims. As times and laws changed, contractors became better served by the industry with a tailored plan that protected their financial interests when a clean-up became necessary. Environmental disasters can become costly quickly.
If you are in any of the following industries, this coverage can give you the peace of mind you need that your business can continue operating after a disaster. Here are a few examples:
- Health Care Facilities
- Food Distribution
- Printers and Publishing
- Contractors – Concrete or masonry, electrical, excavation, general contractors, HVAC, mechanical
- Colleges and Universities
Types of Activities that Can Benefit from Pollution Liability Coverage
Here are some ordinary operational activities that can benefit from having extra coverage:
- Site and Dirt Work: When you are moving dirt, you run the risk of exposing potential hazards. This can happen if you are excavating a site, paving a driveway or road, installing landscaping, or digging holes.
- Drilling: Just like digging, when you move dirt by drilling through the surface, you don’t know what you may find below the surface.
- Protection from Moisture: In this case, think about installing roofs, using sealants, or installing siding. All these activities use types of chemicals or require removing old materials that may be laden with dangerous particles.
- General Construction: Removing and installing drywall, doors, windows, or concrete means disturbing existing materials that may have toxic properties.
Protect Your Company and the Environment
Avoid exposing your business to the devastating losses that can occur during a damaging environmental incident. Work with a trusted broker from the Business Insurance Center. Talk to our team and get the best protection for your company. We are familiar with a variety of industries and understand the nuances to watch out for. Our network of brokers has the experience to help you safeguard your company. We’re happy to listen, assess your risk, and tailor a package for you. Enjoy fast response times and outstanding customer service when you reach out to us today.
Request a quote or call a location near you to speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you.