Protect Your Business with Convenience Store Insurance
Convenience stores accommodate our need for quick and easy access to products and services. Day-in and day-out, customers visit these locations for a Monday morning gas fill-up, a cup of steaming hot coffee, or a quick snack. Many stores stay open 24-hours a day to serve their community. As a store owner, the continual flow of traffic and variety of goods offered for sale puts you in a precarious place. The risks of theft, damage to your inventory and property is high requiring a comprehensive convenience store insurance program.
Reducing the level of risk for your business and your employees starts with the right coverage. Work with a knowledgeable broker at the Business Insurance Center. We understand the requirements of a variety of different industries and can help your company get the protection you need within your budget.
Types of Convenience Store Insurance Policies
All businesses come with inherent risks. Convenience stores have additional needs that the standard policies may not cover. Here are the coverage types often included in a convenience store insurance program:
- General Liability: Helps protect the different business claims that may arise from injuries or property damage that happen during regular operations, such as a customer falling and slipping in the store.
- Commercial Property: Offers additional protection for the property your company owns, like the buildings, refrigerators, gas pumps, cash register, and other equipment.
- Worker’s Compensation: Helps compensate and cover medical bills and lost wages of employees when they get injured or become ill on the job. The law requires it in most states.
- Business Income: If an event does occur that causes you to have to shut down temporarily, this policy can help you cover ongoing expenses.
- Product Liability: Provides additional peace of mind if a product you offer for sale causes harm to someone and they sue you for damages.
- Premises Liability: A more specialized part of general liability, it covers accidents or damage to your store or the premises, such as a customer tripping and hurting themselves.
- Commercial Auto: Anytime you or your store manager heads to the bank to make a deposit, you are at risk of an auto accident. This can protect where a personal car insurance policy will not.
Who Can Use this Type of Coverage
Today, we often consider our local 24-hour gas station as the local convenience store. Several different types of enterprises constitute being called a “convenience store.” They include:
- Quick shops that offer deli or fast food services
- Gas stations
- Car washes – automatic or manual
- Liquor stores – whether they sell hard liquor, beer, or wine
- Minor auto repair like oil changes
- Small grocery stores with a limited selection of products
Minimize Risk and Get the Coverage You Need with the Assistance of a Trusted Broker
Keep your customers happy and the cash register beeping when you work with a broker who understands the uniqueness of your industry. The professionals at the Business Insurance Center take the time to listen to you, analyze your risks, and tailor a package that fits your needs and your budget. Call us today. We are known for consistently high customer service and fast response times.
Request a quote or speak with a knowledgeable and experienced insurance broker. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you.