Reasons to Protect Your Growing Enterprise with Experienced Insurance Providers
Many Americans are jumping on the side hustle trek and running an after-hours small business in addition to working their regular 9-to-5. The types of side gigs are vast and include independent share ride drivers, janitorial services, writing, graphic design, landscape, and pet sitting. The benefits are numerous. You can choose who you want to work with, grow new skills, set your own schedule, and increase your income. There are inherent risks as well. For example, you can get sued for damage to a customer’s home or injury to someone.
Safeguard your livelihood and your dreams when you purchase the right coverage for your side business. The business insurance providers at the Business Insurance Center work with a wide variety of small business owners, freelancers, and self-employed. We understand the risks you face and work hard to mitigate potential losses.
When It Makes Sense to Get Insurance for Your Side Business
The reasons to start a side business are many and deserve to be safeguarded with the right policies to keep your personal assets safe. If you are thinking of starting a side line of income, or already have one, ask yourself these questions to understand if you need to speak with a business insurance provider:
- Do I have to use my car during the course of my business dealings?
- Do I have customers coming to my home?
- Do I handle sensitive, private, or proprietory information for clients or customers?
- Do I work with children or animals as part of my operations?
- Do I go to clients’ homes?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you must consider speaking with a knowledgeable broker to determine what risks you face and how you can protect your interests. They can determine what you have now, what gaps exists, and the best options available.
Basic Business Insurance Goes a Long Way to Keep Your Side Gig Safe
Buying coverage is not only for large corporations or well-established ones. You are at different levels of risk at every stage of the game. If you want to grow your budding enterprise into a large one, then start now with these initial coverages:
- General Liability to protect you from a variety of claims. These can be bodily injury, property damage, or personal injuries.
- Commercial Auto to step in where your regular policy will stop. You can get higher limits to keep from losing business and personal assets if sued.
- Business Interruption helps when a covered peril makes you close doors temporarily and you face the loss of income.
- Cyber Insurance helps in the event a hacker gets a hold of the information on your computer, or if you are a victim of a ransomware attack.
Gain Peace of Mind for Your Side Hustle – Work with the Business Insurance Center
Keep your side business dreams alive with help from a knowledgeable broker from the Business Insurance Center. We work with different types of enterprises, so we understand the different challenges you may face in your industry. Give us a call and let us help you in your quest.
Request a quote for business insurance or call and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator. Contact us at (888) 585-0511. We serve the entire United States.