Suggestions from the Team at the Business Insurance Center
Now more than ever, it’s imperative that your clients’ offices get cleaned. If the coronavirus has taught us anything, it is that it can keep viruses at bay. When you work on a customer’s site, many things can happen that may end up in a claim being filed. For example, if your employee accidentally sets the floor waxing machine too high and loses control resulting in damage to desks, chairs, and other office equipment, you can be liable. Most of the time, your general liability policy will come to the rescue. What happens if your team drives the company van into the glass showroom of the car dealership you clean?
When your policies are maxed out, it pays to have commercial umbrella insurance. This coverage is your second line of defense when your regular policy limits are stretched thin. The experienced brokers at the Business Insurance Center will discuss your needs for additional coverage, giving you peace of mind that your company can continue to function as needed.
Understand the Basic Benefits of Umbrella Insurance
Planning for financial stability is possible when you discuss your needs with your insurance broker. Here is a summary of how umbrella insurance works and why you should consider adding it to your plan:
- It steps in when your other policies top out: You cannot plan for every single eventuality. For example, who would have thought that a virus could shut down the world the way COVID-19 has? An umbrella policy can make up the difference between a claim amount and your coverage limits.
- It works well with an existing automobile, general liability, and employer’s liability plans. You need to have the original coverages in place first, but once done, you have the additional protection you seek.
- Small companies can benefit. Any size of business will benefit from having this extension of limits, even if you are a two-person crew.
- It is especially beneficial for those who work on someone else’s property. Need we say more? As a cleaning company, you are continually on your clients’ sites ensuring their offices are kept clean and orderly.
- It helps cover other fees as well. This means your umbrella policy can assist with legal fees, medical bills, and damage expenses that topple your regular insurance coverage.
Get Extra Protection and Sleep Better at Night – Choose Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Why stay awake at night wondering if your employee’s accident will result in an expensive claim from your customer? Talk with the knowledgeable brokers at The Business Insurance Center. We have over three decades of experience under our belts and a strong commitment to serve you. We want to help you achieve your goals. Our team loves to share their knowledge and help you with a custom plan that fits your specific requirements.
Request a quote online or call and speak with a knowledgeable broker at the Business Insurance Center about commercial umbrella insurance. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator.