Stay on Top with Help from The Business Insurance Center
Grocery stores are an invaluable part of our economy as the COVID-19 pandemic proved. Once thought of as a Saturday morning ritual, grabbing groceries has gone through a metamorphosis. Instead of having many customers physically in your store, you now spend your days shopping for them so that they can stop by and pick them up. Staying in business is imperative because of the service you provide. Yet, you know that each day you’ll face new challenges. You need a company that can assist you in protecting your organization.
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have the best grocery store insurance available for your needs. One call to the brokers at The Business Insurance Center gets you started. We work with grocery store owners across the country with coverages that safeguard their enterprises to continue servicing their communities with confidence.
5 Risks Grocery Stores Faces Daily
Here are five of the most common risks your store faces daily:
- Physical and Data Theft: Unfortunately, theft is not going away soon, and criminals are getting more brazen. Not only do you face the loss of products directly from your shelves, but cyber thugs want any data you house in your databases. Installing a video-monitoring system is one step. Training your employees to spot shoplifters and phishing scams is another. Having the right insurance coverage, including a grocery store insurance program, will give you added peace of mind.
- Damage to Inventory: Natural disasters can affect your inventory on the shelves and in your back room. Think of a hurricane or ice storm that causes power outages. Now, consider the spoiled food within your refrigerators and freezers. Not only do you face a disgusting clean-up of rotting food, but you have to replace that entire inventory. Do you keep cash around for this type of risk? Most stores don’t.
- Customer Injuries: Icy walkways, wet floors, spilled milk, it’s all enough to make you cry when a customer slips and falls. Your general liability policy helps in these instances, so keep those wet floor signs handy and reach out to your insurance broker to ensure you have adequate coverage. Don’t forget a workers’ compensation policy for those times your employees get hurt.
- Losing Out to the Competition: If you don’t have a web presence, you’re in jeopardy of not ensuring long-term success because your competitor most likely does. Go ahead and enter the digital age with a website and some social media exposure. It’s possible to get sued for libel, slander, or copyright infringement when online. Talk to your insurance broker about having the right coverage in place now.
- Unplanned, Forced Closure: Anyone who is not aware of the pandemic may be living under a rock. Across the globe, families, companies, and governments have been affected by this sinister microbe. Many companies have had to shut down because of the virus, or other events such as fire or flooding. When you close unexpectedly, you lose income. You can get help from business interruption insurance.
Safeguard Your Grocery Store with Specialized Insurance Coverage
You do your part to serve your customers with food. Let us help you protect your company with grocery store insurance. Talk with a broker from The Business Insurance Center today and know you are getting comprehensive coverage and reasonable rates. We’ll look over your existing plans to spot gaps, then we create a customized program to fill the holes. Give us a call and enjoy our 30 years of experience serving business owners like you.
Request a quote online or call and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center about purchasing grocery store insurance for your enterprise. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator.