Many small and medium-sized companies utilize trucks and cars to conduct their businesses. For example, street sweepers, landscape contractors, and caterers need to get their employees and products from Point A to Point B. Additional vehicles on the road create increased risk. Accidents are likely to happen that may include property damage and personal injury. Depending on the number needed, what constitutes a fleet can vary based on the insurance company you deal with.
When you first start out, you may think that using your personal auto insurance coverage will take care of things but this is not the case. Commercial fleet insurance does not have to be expensive. A quote is easy to get when you talk with the knowledgeable team of brokers at the Business Insurance Center. We work with a variety of businesses across many different industries. You can depend on us to help you get the best coverage at a rate you can afford.
6 Ways to Save Money on Commercial Fleet Insurance
Many factors can affect the prices you are quoted for a commercial fleet insurance policy. They include:
- Age of the Vehicles: Just as you save money buying a used car for personal use, buying used vehicles for your fleet can translate into savings on your policy.
- Type of Use of the Vehicle: Transporting supplies is not the same as transporting people, so you expect to pay a different
- Type of Car or Truck: Cars are less expensive to insure than a van, truck, or SUV. It may pay to get the kind and size of automobile that fits your current needs.
- Size of Your Deductible: The higher your deductible, the lower your rate may be. If you can afford to keep some money set aside for accidents, then this may be the way to go.
- Combining Policies: Similar to personal insurance, when you connect your business policies, you may enjoy a lower premium.
- Having Safety Standards in Place: Having safety and anti-theft equipment in place can mean a discount on your rates.
As a bonus tip, many accidents happen because of mechanical failures. Remember to stay current with maintenance and follow all state and federal safety regulations.
Get a Commercial Fleet Insurance Quote from an Established Brokerage
Protect your investment while keeping your rates low when you obtain a commercial fleet insurance quote from the Business Insurance Center. We can discuss, assess your situation, including any gaps in existing coverage, and provide a custom-designed policy to meet your requirements. Since 1984, we have supported business owners, self-employed, and entrepreneurs like you to protect your livelihood. To experience the difference, give us a call today.
Request a quote online or call (888)-585-0511 and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator. We serve the entire United States.