There are many benefits of running your business out of your house. There’s the convenience of a short commute and the lax dress code and maybe, one of the best perks is the low overhead. Why not utilize the extra bedroom to start a business and join the ever-growing economy? You need a place to live so you’d be paying the mortgage anyway. Your homeowner’s insurance can cover any issues with inventory. or so you think.
Working from home is not without its risks. Like a traditional business, you can be sued, deal with theft, or have liability claims brought against you. Relying on a homeowner’s or renter’s policy is not the best choice as many may exclude business coverage. Talk with the knowledgeable brokers from the Business Insurance Center. We have the experience to get you set up with the right coverage to keep your home and your venture protected.
When Your Home-Based Enterprise May Need Business Insurance
Obtaining separate coverage from experienced business insurance providers is the first step to protecting your assets. If you are not sure you would benefit from specialized insurance, consider these questions. Answering “yes” to any of them may mean you need to find additional coverage:
- Do you have customers and clients visiting your home office?
- Do you keep inventory or supplies in your house or in an off-site storage unit?
- Would you lose income if damage to your home caused you to close your business?
- Do you employ people to work in or out of your residence?
- Do you keep client or employee records on your computer?
What Home-Based Businesses Need Business Insurance
Here are just a few industries that can benefit from having a dedicated policy:
- Administrative and Virtual Assistants
- Dance Instructors
- Party Planners
- Dog Groomers
- In-Home Day Care
- Online Retail
Flexible Coverage for Your Home-Based Business
Look for complete coverage in these areas:
- General Liability – This is basic coverage that helps protect your business if you are sued for personal injury, a faulty product, or negligence.
- Business Owner’s – This gives additional protection for the physical structures you work out of, like your home. It may help with claims arising from fire or other natural acts.
- Cyber Risk – Cybercrime is on the rise. Safeguard your client’s data with the added benefits of hacksurance among others.
- Worker’s Compensation – If you have employees, you are required to cover them in the event of an injury requiring medical care.
Safeguard Your Home, Family, and Business with Proper Insurance
Avoid relying on your existing homeowner’s policy to do what a business insurance plan should do. The brokers at the Business Insurance Center understand the needs of owners like you. We can discuss your needs and tailor a comprehensive package to meet your needs. For more than 30 years, we have assisted entrepreneurs, business owners, and the self-employed build their dreams. Let us help you today.
Request a quote online or call and speak with a knowledgeable and experienced broker at the Business Insurance Center. We have a 24/7 call center to serve you and an online Live Chat operator.